Paris is beautiful but…
Parisian subway stinks. The Parisiens are…like the Parisiens. The weather doesn’t spoil so many time. The prices are cosmic. How survive in Paris?
If you visit Paris for the first time
1) Wear comfortable shoes and walk, walk, walk. Paris is a city of endless walks. You can walk along the Seine river. Otherwise, It’is good to have someone who will show you directions.
2) Don’t go straight to the Eiffel Tower. In the line for tickets and the security check You’ll lose at least 1 H. At this time you can see all Paris and the Eiffel Tower for free from the Montmartre hill.
3) Even if the sun is shining always have an umbrella. The weather in Paris is variable as a humor of Parisians.
4) On sidewalks, in parks, simply everywhere in Paris be careful not to enter into dog poo. Sometimes is a moment of inattention. Look up at Haussman’s 19th-century apartment architecture, and poof, you’ve mussed up a mutt’s chef d’oeuvre of the morning.
5) Don’t leave love lock on any of the Parisian bridges. Paris city authorities every year are organizing cleaning actions of bridges from love padlocks. On some bridges they are already bans to hanging padlocks. Weight of love turned out to be too big for bridges of Paris.
Need good place to stay in Paris ?
The answer can be – Pavillon des Lettres. Provided that you have an appropriate budget. According to owners behind each door of this hotel hides the soul of a poet or a writer who give a special atmosphere to each room. Including help of selected pieces printed on the walls.
In addition, you have at your disposal a bicycle to explore the city for free. This is useful when calluses on feet prevents you from walking.
PAVILLON DES LETTRES Rue des Saussaies 75008 PARIS
Another good option is Grand Hotel Des Balcons. Ideally located in the Latin Quarter at reasonable price.
More good addresses here :
1) Hotel Saint-Louis en L’Isle
2) Hôtel des Académies et des Arts
3) Hôtel Relais Saint Sulpice
4 ) Le Relais du Louvre
5) Hôtel Jeanne d’Arc
- If you don’t have an adequate budget for this hotel, you can take with you a tent and spreading it on in a nook of Montmartre.
3)What to do? Where to go? Before taking decision drink a cup of hot chocolate !
Generally I don’t have bad habits. Except one. In search of a real cup of hot chocolate I’m able to walk the entire length and breadth of Paris. I remember how on my first tourist trip to Paris I ordered chocolat chaud (cup of hot chocolate in french) in one bistro. Nobody can’t imagine how I was disappointed when the waiter gave me the cup steamed milk mixed with a touch of cocoa powder. I didn’t know yet Angelina and Dimanche a Paris – the temples of true hot chocolate in Paris. I found Angelina one day strolling street Rivoli. I sat at the table number 10.
Next to the mirror like Coco Chanel, who was a permanent guest here. It’s said that she used it to observe what was happening around.
I ordered cup of The African – the most famous Angelina’s product.And it was this! I found myself in chocolate heaven. And I was convinced that nothing better doesn’t exist. Until one day, when late for a meeting with one painter, I decided to buy a small cup of hot chocolate at the Un Dimanche a Paris.